My heart and sole wasn't really in it

I suggested having a go for sole with a forum buddy while waiting for the better tides at the end of the week and a date and time was agreed for last night. We meet at the car park for 7 and made our way to a spot that has produced in the past. Despite a wind that was refusing to follow the weather man's instruction, it was very warm and humid night, and I was soon regretting wearing the extra layers as we eventually arrived at our spot.

It didn't take us long to get our baits out but we soon realised the weed was going to be a problem. I will give Richard his due, despite his dislike of the stuff, his work rate through the night was incredible and he never stopped baiting, weeding and recasting all night. As for me I soon got fed up with the constant weed covered baits so I reverted to one rod fished close with a lump of mackerel.

Well despite the poor tide the bass were there, but I hope they were small as I had many smash and grab attempts before I finally nailed one at 19" to the fork (around 3 lbs). I must say it really did punch above its weight and gave a really good account for itself.
photo WP_20160828_21_01_51_Pro.jpg


Richard deserved better, and ended up with a handful of pups and a couple of pout. My new rig still needs some fine tuning, but I think I'm one step closer and hope to get out again tonight to see what happens.

Comments

Most bites...