Wet 'n wild

My recent success has come from a spot that has produced bites at various points up to high. So ignoring the rain, and not wishing to miss the tide I set off hoping for a repeat of my successes in June and July. When I arrived the conditions were poor with the new wind blowing weed onto the shoreline, and the now relentless rain getting heavier by the minute.

Nothing ventured and all that, I was quickly set-up and fishing fresh mackerel as close-in as the building waves would allow.  Holding the rod to keep the line high, and to feel for any early knocks, I noticed another two fools about 3/4 of a mile away packing up. Looked like they had had enough.

Due to a series of missed runs and the location I'm fishing, I've been trying out some new rigs with signs that I may be getting close. Hate to be secretive, but I'm going to keep this under wraps at the moment as I've not read of this approach anywhere and it would be good to see how it works in the long term. All I needed tonight were some bites.

Well I waited until high, and decided enough was enough as I never had a touch, and the wind, despite  the predictions of our cheery weather man was getting stronger. I hadn't realised quite how heavy the rain had been until I was walking back through the carpark - there was water everywhere.

The one thing to come out of the trip was my new headlamp by Suaoki (I will check the spelling later). I've been looking to replace my humble torch for quite some time, and this appears to fit the bill. It's very light, all housed in a small barrel that turns so the light can point down to where you are working, plus you can spin the light within the barrel to have an immediate red filter. It is also splash proof, rechargeable via a supplied USB lead, and costs less than a tenner including postage!

It's funny how you can usually find something positive from a bad trip!

Comments

Most bites...