A tale of two trips

I went yesterday morning leaving the house surrounded in fog. I'm sure I've read somewhere that fog isn't the best conditions to be fishing for bass but it didn't matter as I was on my way. Soon I was fishing the usual and enjoying the slightly ethereal conditions.

Bites started around 7.15 which was over an hour before I expected them, but I wasn't complaining! The trouble was I couldn't make any of them stick, so just to make sure I scaled down to a small piece of mackerel and was soon into a spirited bass of around 4lb+. After that not a touch, so eventually I made my way home.

Last night I pondered whether I should go this morning, and decided that if I wake up then I would go. Well 6am arrived and as I was awake, I thought I may as well. On arrival the conditions were much better with a slight westerly giving the sea a nice chop. I fished through the new bite time, not a touch, the traditional bite time, still not a touch, and stayed on for a later than normal bite time, but once again never had a touch.

I did wonder if yesterdays bass may have been the same fish trying to take my bait for over 30 minutes or so, and after this morning I think I may have been right.

Comments

Most bites...