Last few days round-up

It has been an interesting last few days. I decided to take some time off work to coincide with the big springs, and it started off really well with a 9lb+ bass, but then enthusiasm took over and I fished 3 tides on the trot. Every now and then we get a reminder that we are not as young as we used to be, and this was one of them.

The third trip was with Richard, and although the conditions were great I struggled to fish it well. There were fish to be had, and looking back I now wonder if I should have changed my tactics to the size of the bass we encountered (all around the 2.5 to 3lb mark), and maybe touched legered as well. That night we ended up with 3 bass between us, and it wasn't that long ago I would have been delighted, but a combination of tiredness and determination to bag a big one meant I went home a little bit disappointed.

I gave the next day a rest, but the following night fished another spot. Conditions and the big tide meant it wasn't easy fishing and I missed a couple of runs, but on the plus side I was left with a feeling that they were small (... I hope!)

Unfortunately back to work tomorrow, but I'm wondering if I should sneak in one more trip tonight?

Comments

Most bites...