Reminiscence of a fool... Part 9

Fishing as we know is not always about catching fish (which is just as well.) Here is an old blog entry from a late evening mackerel trip...

We will live forever

June 6th 2013

The wind had dropped leaving the sea with a gentle bulging glow, allowing the last remains of todays smouldering sun to reflect almost unbroken across the bay. Earlier, I had cast expectantly into small forming shoals of mackerel for bait later in the year, and maybe tea tomorrow.


courtesy of thomas laupstad

With a heavier shoulder bag than when I arrived, I made my way back along the beach enjoying the summer night, when from above the sound of crunching shingle I became aware of people singing. Looking across the beach I could see two ladies walking parallel with me, but I was unable to make out the words, so I slowed down and gently walked across the stones to listen.

‘We will live forever,’ it sounded like a hymn, and if it wasn’t, it should be as it was being played in the best outdoor cathedral in the world. It’s rare when seemingly random events come together to produce moment’s like this, but it felt like my walk back was being accompanied by voices of angels. It was inspiring as mother natures display.

We all arrived at our cars at the same time, so I thought I would compliment them on their singing. It was then I noticed they were mother and daughter who, just like me, were also enjoying the moment. So I left them undisturbed.

Lovely, just bloody lovely.

Comments

Most bites...