6 Bass in one session!

That's not a title I expect to see again.

Earlier in the week I arranged with Richard to meet-up on Thursday night to target bass. Well Thursday came and so did the wind, if it wasn't for the fact we didn't want to let either down I'm not sure we would have bothered.

'We can only give it a go,' was Richard exclamation as we both surveyed the sea in front of us, but ever the optimist I said, 'I think tonight is going to be a good one.' Although in truth I think I say that every time we go!

Both of us fished the one rod each barely 20 yards apart, with Richard fishing out a bit further than me allowing him to use the rest. I on the other hand fished close so had to hold the rod high to avoid the weed-carrying waves from covering the line and dragging my bait shore bound.

Just as I was starting to doubt my sanity I had a typical schoolie type knock that was obviously having trouble with the size of my bait. A quick re-cast with a smaller piece of mackerel brought the right result, and I was soon bringing in a spirited bass of around 2.5lb. Over the following hour we both went on to experience action that doesn't come along very often and ended up with 6 bass between us. The largest just over 3lb (19").

Unfortunately, it wasn't Richards night, and after hooking into what was most likely the best bass of the session, it came off. Gutting, and isn't it often the case when things aren't going your way? A good night though with numbers of bass caught albeit smaller than originally set out for, but it made for an entertaining session. I know its helped to re-ignite my enthusiasm, and I think it may have done the same for Richard.

Comments

Most bites...