Wind, rain, hail... and bass

A good trip at last. Had to get out after last nights storm and I'm so glad I did. Fished the tide up from about 10am this morning and had my first bite within 10 minutes of casting out. No messing about this one with line pouring off the spool at a rate of knots. It was a great fight as she tried to get under an obstruction, in fact we were at stalemate at one point until a change of direction meant that for a second I thought I had lost her. Thankfully, she had decided to turn and was running towards me.


24" exactly to the fork, which makes roughly 5.75lb. I then proceeded to miss a couple of runs due to a combination of rough seas and strong wind (that's my excuse) until I latched into one of just over 22" approximately 4lb.


The wind by now had really picked up along with rain and hail, but last knockings produced a really spirited fighter in a bass of 19" which was lightly hooked, so I was able to return at the waters edge - so no picture. Packed up 2 hours after high. Interesting to note most of the action came fishing the tide up so may get out tomorrow and try to fish the tide a bit earlier.

Comments

Most bites...