'Who ate all the pies?'

With the weather holding and Rob desperate to get out we finally got our chance today. Now I know today's weather is not exactly the classic conditions you read about when trying to catch bass, but I've done quite well under bright skies and no wind, so I was really looking forward to getting out again after my recent success.


Well it was tough going. We fished from 11 to 4pm with one bass for our efforts. Once again it came in at just over 23.5" to the fork (5.5lb+) and I know who ate all the mince pies this Christmas! What a chunky bugger - and she went like a train.

It's been interesting catching this year-class, as roughly 4 years ago I had a run of 3lb + bass that seemed to disappear. I'm fairly certain these are the same bass that have returned along with an extra couple of pounds.

If they can stay uncaught they will make excellent targets in another 3 to 4 years time.

Comments

Most bites...