It's why we do it.

Dawn revealed the harbour flat calm, and midnight quiet, as I found myself walking the soft weed line left behind from the earlier high tide, just so I would not disturb anything.

Gentle first cast with a Dolive, wait for the ripples to subside, slow retrieve, and then repeat. Carefully I worked towards and then away from features before I receive a couple of tentative plucks, but no connection was made today with this watery underworld. 

Changed from pumpkin green to wagasaki just to see if this was more to their liking but nothing, maybe I shouldn't have changed.

A lone jogger disturbed the silence with her rhythmic pounding. In the quiet of the harbour she sounded like the start to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Very ethereal in these midnight quiet conditions.

Later, the sun illuminated the old and new buildings against a briefly dark and angry grey sky. By now the tide had receded to let me know it was time to return. Lovely


Not one of my pictures - courtesy of google and Helens Photomania

Comments

  1. You can,t beat being waterside when the sun comes up. Something quite magical about watching the sky lighten and the wildlife start to waken around any body of water whether lake, pond, river or sea....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, couldn't agree more. Many thanks for passing by and the comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most bites...