Just a quickie

Just a quick update, as I haven't posted for a while, although if you want to read about bass caught then you may want to skip this as fishing always has a way to bring you down with a bump. After my lucky March bass I've been out on a few trips and nothing, although if I'm honest, as we're still in April it's not unexpected.

The lure rod and new reel (all for less than £60) are great and a real delight to use in and around my local harbours. On my last trip I may have received a tentative enquiry when I switched over to the speed worm, but I have the feeling I'm still about 4 weeks away before I'm in with a realistic chance. Brother in law Rob on the Island has been out countless times bait fishing, and apart from a lost bass at least the size of mine, at his feet, has nothing to report either.

I am thinking about using bait in my harbour spots early next year as I have a feeling I've just missed an early run of female bass. Who knows? But if it's a mild winter and spring next year I'm certainly going to try and find out.


Love this lure, just wished they were available at the same weight as the Dolives.

Comments

Most bites...