Day Five

I fished nearly four hours last night for the sum result of two missed runs. Unusually for me, I decided to fish with two rods, with one deployed at various distances just to see if I was missing anything further out. The distance rod never received a touch all night.

Just past high I had several fast hit-and-run hits from a schoolie that had trouble with the size of the bait. Then I missed a slightly different type of run which I'm hoping was still the same schoolie. Although when I had stopped swearing to myself, I did start to wonder.

And that was it for the next three hours despite baiting heavily and generally fishing well. Bit gutted if I'm honest, and I wished I had fished the same stretch of beach as per the previous nights, but when I arrived a group of lads had set up a bonfire just a bit too close to where I wanted to fish.

If I think about it long enough I'm sure I can come up with a few more excuses.

Comments

Most bites...