Day 6

I felt I needed a break, and decided not to venture out last night and have a couple of beers in front of the TV instead. Whilst watching Bakeoff (I know) and checking the forecast I realised it was looking good for a spot that I've really neglected this year. A fresh North Easterly would be blowing straight on, so I decided to catch the lunch time tide today and see what's about.

Arrived at 9am and was soon lobbing out squid into a lovely greeny-grey tinged fizzing sea. It felt great and it wasn't long before I had an enquiry that unfortunately failed to develop. Over the next hour or so, despite some wonderful conditions, all I got was a soaking from head to toe by the waves smashing into the mark. In the end I had to move 30 yards along to get away from the soaking - which was about 40 minutes sooner than normal on this mark. Later I received two further enquiries, soon followed by a third, but once again they failed to develop.

Normally schoolies will hit-and-run but come back for more, so I'm a bit confused as they didn't feel like bigger bass either. I wished I had some mackerel with me though as I have a feeling head and guts may have done the trick today. Well that's about it for this latest campaign with maybe one more chance tomorrow before its back to work. Its not been a total disaster, and could've been a lot worse but I hoped for more. Looking back I don't think I did to much wrong so will just have to wait for the next set of tides to try again.

Comments

Most bites...