Kept hope eternal

I put myself through being wind-blasted and weeded every 10 minutes because these conditions can occasionally encourage the bigger bass to shore, and at the same time hopefully keep the smaller scamps at bay. Well, not yesterday. I had some knocks as the tide was building that kept hope eternal, but with the squid heads being removed, it was a classic sign the smaller ones were around and braving the stormy conditions.

Later, I did manage one of the smallest bass I've ever caught, which was most likely the source of the earlier knocks, and discovered that I need to use heavier grip leads in this location if I want to hold the bait in the washing-machine zone. 

Rob on the Island is not able to find them either, although he is fishing the back of the wind. Despite fishing quite a few tides, he has yet to connect. So it's not all bad I suppose!

Comments

Most bites...