Slowly losing the seasons glow

Not many updates from me recently as there are only so many times you can post a blank. Although the year is by no means over, the embers of the season are starting to lose their glow with each passing trip. When looking back through my blog, I've had some good and bad years, so this shouldn't come as much of a surprise. But it doesn't stop me from being disappointed.

Numbers wise I've done alright, but landing nothing over 4.5lb has made me fearful of the state of our local bass stocks. Of course a final flurry could change everything, but over time you build up local knowledge, and techniques that work if the bass are there. And this year they haven't been.

I have yet to write off this year completely as I've done ok in November, and December occasionally produces the odd decent bass as well. Going to try some neap tides this weekend, and at different tide times just to see if that's where there hiding. If I don't blank again I will keep you posted.



Comments

Most bites...