Two runs and two bass

A snatched opportunity saw me raiding the last of the squid from the freezer and setting out to a mark that needs to come good at some point this year. Well, you've got to be positive.

Arrived, and was soon fishing the tide up with a plan to fish for about three to four hours depending on the results. Roughly two hours later, I'm texting Rob to say its a bit tough as once again nothing was bothering my baits, but this mark has a habit of producing the odd loner bass, so I was still hopeful.

Roughly an hour before high the rod screamed off, and I was into a spirited bass that may have scraped 2lb. This was quickly followed by another five minutes later which signalled the end of the excitement as the shoal had moved on. I carried on for another hour with nothing else showing, except for a seal working roughly 150 yards out from left to right. While watching I counted at least five fish caught, mostly small bass, but one fish judging by the shape of its tail, appeared to be a huge mackerel - and had to be around 2lb.

Here's a picture of the first schoolie. Didn't bother with the second one, and you probably don't want to see the first one either...





Comments

Most bites...