March - Round Up

Like many I'm sure I've been tempted out by the sun and some of the lovely 'it's just nice to be out' conditions. Wasn't expecting so I suppose I'm not too disappointed. Three lure trips with no interest showing at all, culminating in my first bait trip for a couple of hours last night, with just a soft fumbled take from a dogfish that failed to materialise.

Trips out with the lures was more to test out a new lure rod, and the jury's still out at the moment, as the action is a lot stiffer than what I'm used to. At best I was hitting roughly three out of ten casts just right, so I need to make some adjustments after years of using softer action rods.  

Interesting to see on social media some really good bass caught locally during the last 2 months, so they are around. 

Comments

Most bites...