Well, it's a start

Almost to embarrassed to post this, but as this is my first bass this year I suppose I should. Went to a mark last night where last month myself and Rob missed a few bass runs on an early flooding tide. Conditions felt good, apart from a wind that was not in the direction promised by the weather man.

Mackerel bait fished close in as usual, positioned in the same area of the missed runs, and roughly 45 minutes later I was into a very spirited bass that may have pushed 2lb. Stayed on until midnight, as it looked and felt I was going to get another run at any minute. High tide was 1.30am so I should have stayed longer, but work in the morning put paid to that. 

Part of me wishes I stayed out longer, but at least I have at last opened my account this year.



Comments

Most bites...