A trip full of expectation

Myself and Rob walked to one of our favourite marks at this time of year, and as always we were pretty hopeful of a great session. This mark has been really kind to us over the last few years, and despite what people say about the very unbass-like conditions we were full of expectation.

It didn't take long before the first baits were gently swung out into the building tide and we were fishing. Roughly 45 minutes later and I was in. It was a lovely gentle knock followed by a steady run that when connected ripped off to my right. I was up and out of my chair following the bass as she ran fast and hard, it felt really big, but I was surprised when she turned towards the shore and almost beached herself in the process.

Taking advantage of the opportunity, I bullied her onto the beach creating a cauldron of defiance. Laying down my rod I was shocked to see her size. Quickly measured at around 4lb she was soon returned. It was another one of those that if I had lost her I would have been convinced I had lost one of the big girls.


We then had a two spells of intense activity where Rob landed two bass up to 3.5lb followed by a spell of missed runs that should perhaps be forgotten about as quickly as possible! Later on during the start of the ebb, I managed another bass that again fought like a tiger, this time I measured and weighed her just to check the accuracy of the tape system, and they both agreed at just shy of 5lbs.


A really great session and one I can't wait to do again.

Comments

Most bites...