After the storm

Just a quick update, as I've just got in from fishing a new spot following the high 40mph winds of yesterday. I did consider the 3am tide this morning, but that's as far as I got with that idea!

No action until roughly 1.5 hours before high, when a schoolie of about 1.5lb ripped off with the mackerel fillet. Thinking I was in for a few more, it wasn't until high tide (3.40) before the action returned. Then it was one of those frantic half hours when it was a run a cast. Usual catalogue of bad luck, including the mackerel head turning on the hook masking the point, and me being a wally.

I did manage another one though that may have made 3lb. Looked a lot bigger, and has obviously been feeding well as it was as round and tight as a drum. Although the phones exposure didn't like the sunshine, it was in reality almost white in colour, and looked so much more impressive than the picture below. Unfortunately, it's one of those that without any objects for scale it really does look like a very small bass.

A great daytime spot though, that shows real promise, and I will definitely be back.





Comments

Most bites...