We were both surprised

I got out of my car just to confirm, and yes there were two anglers already fishing the area I wanted to spend the evening. I turned away, leaving them with their rod-tip lights and beaming headlamps. Back in the car I headed to another spot that I love to fish following some stormy weather.

Thankfully this area was devoid of anglers, and the conditions looked amazing. As the tide moved in, I was surprised at just how small the tide was which may have accounted for zero action, until about one hour after high, I started to reel in to find a bass attached. The fight was a confusing affair as neither of us really knew what was going on, and when the bass reached the shoreline the hook came out.

Luckily, I was able to move her up the beach for a quick picture and return. I guessed at around 2.5lb as I didn't bother with the measure, but looking at the pictures this morning she may have been a bit larger, who knows.

And that was it for the rest of the night.



Comments

Most bites...