Refreshed and renewed?

There are times when fishing is just an excuse to get away from all of life's problems - allowing you to reflect and let the atmosphere of the place soak into your body and try and make amends. This trip was one of them.

Its a lovely spot that recently has been very poor in terms of results, but catch it at the right time and it's as atmospheric a venue you could ever wish for, and just right for how I was feeling. Thankfully, today I caught it just right.


I sat on the slowly decreasing foreshore and watched as the harbour slowly unwound after its long day. The bustle and noise were quieting down, and peacefulness was holding hands with dusk as I made a few speculative casts. Apart from some playful young mullet enjoying the last of the sun caught water nothing was happening, but it didn't matter I wasn't really here for the fishing.

Later I heard a conversation float towards me from across the water and looked up to see it was Will from Local Mark Fishing setting up and talking into the camera for his latest live show. As he left I could hear him shout 'come on fartbox!'

A couple of hours passed and the water I was exploring was no longer in reach so I made my way back to the car. I decided for some reason to take a wander, so walked past the car and eventually settled into a spot that I call the corner. Fished there for 20 minutes or so before another angler joined me at a respectful distance. Later as I walked past to go home we engaged into a lovely conversation that only fisherman will understand.

Back in the car I sat for a while before making my way, refreshed and renewed? Partly. 



Comments

  1. Lovely detailed description of a fishing trip, and a gorgeous picture as well. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most bites...