Small but great fun

A quick lure trip out to a local beach, and to a spot I keep trying but as of yet no luck. Conditions were not the best and the time wasn't great either, but I had a hunch. So I was surprised when I slowed down to park that I could see whitebait being worked on in the rough sea. It's not very often my hunches are right -  I couldn't pay the meter quick enough!

I tried my best not to run, so I did my version of a speed walk and soon had the bamboo stick flying out and working the top. In amongst the building crowds of sun worshipers and interested bystanders, I finished with two bass (largest 2lb) and a mackerel on a small toby as the tide was ebbing.

The stick worked as a top lure is really working well for me, as I'm able to use it even if there is weed about. Plus, I'm sure on the occasions when they first hit and miss, they come back for more as the lure is soft. Some of the takes have been amazing.
 
No pictures I'm afraid, as I left my phone at home on charge. Normally a sign I would catch a lunker, but not today.

Comments

Most bites...