A Week in September - 16/17th

16th - Night Session

Fished the night tide at a venue I had in mind when I booked this week off work. It's a great daytime venue that's been very kind over the years, especially in September, however, it's also popular for families and parties to get together when the weather is good. So I wasn't surprised when I turned up at 7.30 to find the beached packed.

By 8pm the crowds were thinning out until I was eventually left with the beach entirely to myself - lovely. But it was a tough night to be honest as the weed was an absolute nightmare, with a bait and cast required every 5-10 minutes to ensure the mackerel wasn't covered. It was all very quiet until roughly 90 minutes before high when I receive a lovely run and hooked into a stubborn bass that fought well at distance. At nearly 22" this chunky bass may have made 4.5lb.

And that was it for the rest of the night. The weed died down just before high, but picked up later with a vengeance. As the only interest of the night was from the bass I landed, I decided to make my way home rather than face another hour or so of weed.

This year I just can't find the bigger bass, which is a bit of a worry as the 24" bass three years ago would be approaching 7lb+ now. Lets hope they are still to make an appearance.



Comments

Most bites...