Wasn't expecting so wasn't disappointed

I arrived at dead low to look at a mark for a future bait session, along with my lure rod on the off chance anything was around. Conditions were lovely as a series of lures disturbed the dawn, but as expected no bass were disturbed.

On packing up, I left via a small walkway between the rocks, and came across two characters who were not in a condition you would expect to see at 10 o'clock in the morning. They looked a bit sheepish and were maybe trying to hide a supermarket plastic bag from view.

'Morning, everything okay' I asked

'Yea great, can I catch crabs here?' one replied

'Yes you can, but try nearer the submerged boulders to the left, you may have more luck there,' I suggested

He then asked 'what bait do you use for crabs?'

'What bait do you have?' ... his response left me speechless for a second, 

'I have bread, scones and ham'

I left suggesting he would have better luck with ham.

Comments

Most bites...