Until next time...

Had a quick three hour trip last night to see if the bass were still around as I wanted to try out a couple of new ideas. Bites started from the first cast, but once again I was failing to connect, so I scaled down and still failed. 'Bugger that!' So reverted back to using large hooks and baits.

I am also trying out a very light weight, almost freelining, as I have a feeling it will aid the setting of the hook, but after last night I'm now not so sure. Most of the runs were dropped due to the size of the bait, but I had one that ripped line from me and on hooking up charged around with power. At one point I considered loosening the drag (as the cold had tightened it up a bit) but after a run that had me following it along the beach -  it spat the bait and hook.

How big was it? Difficult to tell. The run was fast, and the fight was like the bass was on steroids, twisting, turning and running in lightning fast succession. All the signs of a schoolie, but the strength wasn't - so I'm not sure. 

I think I may have to go back out tonight, and see if I can hook up with it again.

Comments

  1. Bass hanging around in Norfolk too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear, its been a really weird bass-year once again. Went out last night, and they may have moved on

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most bites...