Enjoying the night

A quick trip out to my local harbour to take advantage of the lovely conditions last night. This particular spot I fish is my most reliable lure mark (nothing big, and maybe one bass every three trips), but for how much longer I'm not so sure. I never used to see a soul down there, but now everyone seems to have got into lure fishing. The back end of last year I would often see two or three others with the same idea.

This mark needs a decent tide as well, so last night was just about enjoying the night. Two positives though, my new dam rod (2nd trip out) is starting to grow on me, and just before it turned really dark I had a follow that turned at the last moment. Frustratingly, I had just gone through a weed bed and the normally weedless lure decided not to be, and I think that caused the abort. 

Good early sign though, and on a poor tide, which bodes well for a good start to the year. Hopefully...

Comments

Most bites...