New Year Big Bang Bass

My son suggested I should call my next blog this... if I should catch one. Sadly I didn't. Over Christmas I'd been looking at the tides and weather and thought I found a good time to get away and have a speculative cast or two. Having finally made the decision to go, I arrived at my first spot to find the parking was out of bounds, so turned to option two.

Driving to the new mark saw a change in the weather. A cold blustery wind appeared bringing a band of rain with it, it really wasn't looking pleasant out there. However the forecast and lighter sky on the horizon promised a better outlook. I pulled up just as the rain turned to a drizzle so I made the decision to walk to the mark without wearing the sweat inducing waterproofs. Wrong decision.

I eventually arrived at my mark, cold, wet and wondering just what the hell I was doing. As I was setting up, a jogger came past running directly into the wind and the rain. I nodded the customary good morning, expecting the customary response, but was treated with a very loud and passionate, 'Fucking Hell!'

I couldn't blame him. The trip by the way was rubbish, and the cold wind and rain continued making the whole experience a real joy. For Christmas I received a battery heated thermal waistcoat, what can I say other than it's the future! There is no way I would have lasted the three miserable hours without it.

So a Happy New Year to anyone who reads this rubbish. I hope you managed to have a good one, and apologies if you only clicked on this because of the title.

Comments

Most bites...