Stirred but not shaken

This update has been such a long time coming. Not sure why, but I just haven't been fishing this year and the lack of local results being reported hasn't inspired me either. However, when I got a call from Rob asking if I fancied a trip on Friday I jumped at the chance.

The venue chosen has been very kind to us over the years and coupled with an amazing spring tide it really was too good to miss. If you have read any of my previous blogs you will have noted how I enjoy fishing day tides and in hot sunny conditions as well. Some of the results have been excellent despite them not being the 'classic' bass conditions you will have read about.


So when Friday dawned everything looked great, and it wasn't long before we were both set up with one rod each fishing close with a combination of mackerel and squid. Rob did bring a third rod along for a speculative cast at various distances as well. I would love to say this trip reignited the spark but sadly it wasn't the case.

Despite fishing hard for over six hours we never received a touch from anything. Conditions looked great but there was nothing out there. When we made our long walk of shame back, we were met with all the discarded mackerel heads and squid carried by the tide along the shore line. Even the gulls weren't interested!

Despite the result it was great to catch up with Rob again, and I have just booked two weeks off in October to coincide with some great tides. So maybe something inside has stirred.


Comments

  1. Doesn't sound like you. Don't despair ! I haven't done much either this year despite some early successes on the lures. Perhaps the late season will come good. Richard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Would this be HH Richard? If so, lovely to hear from you and I hope you are doing well

      Delete
  2. Hi yes it's me. I dip in your blog now and again to see how it's going. I fished there last night myself in my favourite spot. Not a thing, unless you count about 15 microbass on my other rod fishing worm in search of a sole. Things can only get better ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard, it's so wonderful to hear from you. We must catch up again soon :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most bites...