Stirred but not shaken
This update has been a long time coming. I can't really say why, but I just haven't been fishing much this year. The lack of local results hasn't exactly helped either. That all changed when Rob rang and asked if I fancied a trip on Friday. I didn't hesitate. I jumped at the chance.
The venue we chose has been kind to us over the years and, with a big spring tide lining up perfectly, it simply felt too good an opportunity to miss. If you've read any of my previous blogs, you'll know I enjoy fishing day tides in hot, sunny conditions. They're not the classic bass-catching conditions you often read about, but some of my best sessions have come that way.
Friday dawned bright and full of promise. Before long, we were both set up with a rod each, fishing close in with mackerel and squid, while Rob's third rod covered different distances with a few speculative casts.
I'd love to tell you that this trip reignited my enthusiasm for fishing, but sadly it didn't.
We fished hard for more than six hours without a single touch. On paper, everything looked perfect, yet the fish clearly hadn't read the script. The long walk back to the car felt even longer when we noticed discarded mackerel heads and squid washed up along the shoreline. Even the gulls weren't interested.
Still, it was great to catch up with Rob and spend a day by the sea. And with two weeks off booked in October to coincide with some prime tides, maybe, just maybe, something inside has started to stir again.

Doesn't sound like you. Don't despair ! I haven't done much either this year despite some early successes on the lures. Perhaps the late season will come good. Richard.
ReplyDeleteHello! Would this be HH Richard? If so, lovely to hear from you and I hope you are doing well
DeleteHi yes it's me. I dip in your blog now and again to see how it's going. I fished there last night myself in my favourite spot. Not a thing, unless you count about 15 microbass on my other rod fishing worm in search of a sole. Things can only get better ...
ReplyDeleteHi Richard, it's so wonderful to hear from you. We must catch up again soon :)
Delete